Friday, January 8, 2010

Learned something...

Well, tonight was day 2 of working out. I took my car this time and plugged the name of my gym in the gps and found one sorta close. I couldn't fine one online that close, so I was a little hesitate, but I figured I may as well drive to it and see what's going on. Well, it was closed. :( So, I went to the next closest one and it ended up being 17 miles from my house. Not exactly convenient.

I was there, and so I went in and did my little workout. A few things I didn't like about that gym. The parking lot was on the dark side and kinda creepy. I walked in and the first thing you see is the pool. That's cool and all, but where was the equipment? I had to ask someone to find the treadmill. Ugh.

Found the treadmills and hopped on. The cardio area was in a small area and there was bad ventilation. It was hot and humid in there. Gross. Not how I want to work out.

The bonus was some guy thought cologne was the same as deodorant. Dude, seriously! Use the pit stick not the bottle!

I also learned that I should eat AFTER I work out. I think a snack would be fine before, but a full belly wasn't all that comfortable. I didn't feel sick or anything but I felt full.

The last thing I learned was I can be creative in my meals but I have to sit down and count the calories before hand. I made a pretty yummy turkey pita sandwich and I had some potato salad (thinking I had a little wiggle room in my calories). BUT it was over 800 calories. Ugh. Another lesson learned.

Now I know.

My progress: 2 miles on treadmill in 33 min.

1 comment:

Annie Shafai said...

I wish you would get with it sister and join my gym! I would LOVE to take a class with you or workout next to you on the elliptical or something. Its so great to have a partner. Plus, its an AMAZING gym. Its HUGE and has lots of good stuff plus a pool, a spa, a whirlpool etc, etc...